Fundraise for us
Amandla Development has started the Awethu Club, a group of donors, thinkers and changemakers dedicated to empowering youth for a brighter future. We believe that education is key to ending the cycle of poverty, but to do so takes time and a lot of support. We've created a GivenGain fundraising initiative for the Awethu Club that is trying to raise $15 000 to keep the Adolescent Youth Friendly Space running into 2019. Here's how you can get involved:
- 1. Go to the Awethu Club campaign on GivenGain.
- 2. On the right-hand side under the target click START FUNDRAISING.
- 3. Sign up with your details, it's free! Then click GET STARTED
- 4. At the top of the page it should say Create a new project For Amandla Community Education Development In support of "Awethu Club ". Now enter the details.
- 5. You can create your own title, summary, description, video and images. If you'd like to take it the extra mile and become an ambassador contact us on comms[at]amandladevelopment.org for additional social media support.
- 6. Remember, the key to successful fundraising is to get CREATIVE. Run a race; bake a cake for the highest donor; host a dinner party; ask for donations instead of birthday/Christmas gifts - there are many ways to get your network engaged.
- 7. When you have filled in the details for your fundraising campaign, click CONTINUE.
- 8. Now set a goal. Our overall goal is $15 000. You can decide however much you would like to fundraise for. Every bit counts!
- 9. Now enter a deadline. The campaign will run for 6 months. You can decide what your timeline is. Now click CONTINUE.
- 10. Choose your own URL, which is usually your name or your campaign name. Then there are more options like including tags, images, the location of the AYFS (you can find it as Khanyisa Centre opposite Philippi Village).
- 11. Now click CREATE YOUR PROJECT and you are ready to fundraise! Remember to share your campaign URL as much as possible. To friends and family, email, social media or when you're out at an event. If you ever need help simply email comms [at] amandladevelopment.org. We are here to support you. Thank you for your effort.
Help us while you shop
If you shop on Amazon and pay through Amazon Smile, Amazon donates a portion to Amandla. http://smile.amazon.com/ch/27-0239559 is Amandla’s link.
Help us with your Expertise
We welcome expertise (e.g., graphic design, financial accounting, communications, fundraising), in-kind contributions (e.g., office equipment, books, frequent flyer miles), and financial support of any size or amount.
If you would like to help out, please contact us.
Of course, donations are always welcome!!! We are currently trying to raise $15 000 to keep the AYFS running. Every bit counts.
Amandla Development US is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, and all donations are fully tax deductible.