Can’t donate? Not to worry, there are plenty ways to help support us.
Fundraise for us
We believe that education is key to ending the cycle of poverty, but to do so takes time and a lot of support. We’ve created a GivenGain fundraising initiative where you can activate your community and fundraise on our behalf. Here’s how you can get involved:
- 1. Go to the Amandla Development page on GivenGain.
- 2. On the right-hand side under the target click START FUNDRAISING.
- 3. Sign up with your details, it’s free! Then click GET STARTED
- 4. At the top of the page it should say Create a new project For Amandla Community Education Development In support of “Awethu Club “. Now enter the details.
- 5. You can create your own title, summary, description, video and images. If you’d like to take it the extra mile and become an ambassador contact us on comms[at]amandladevelopment.org for additional social media support.
- 6. Remember, the key to successful fundraising is to get CREATIVE. Run a race; bake a cake for the highest donor; host a dinner party; ask for donations instead of birthday/Christmas gifts – there are many ways to get your network engaged.
- 7. When you have filled in the details for your fundraising campaign, click CONTINUE.
- 8. Now set a goal. You can decide however much you would like to fundraise for. Every bit counts!
- 9. Now enter a deadline. You can decide what your timeline is. Now click CONTINUE.
- 10. Choose your own URL, which is usually your name or your campaign name. Then there are more options like including tags, images, and location.
- 11. Now click CREATE YOUR PROJECT and you are ready to fundraise! Remember to share your campaign URL as much as possible. To friends and family, email, social media or when you’re out at an event. If you ever need help simply email comms [at] amandladevelopment.org. We are here to support you. Thank you for your effort.
Help us with your Expertise
We welcome expertise (e.g., graphic design, financial accounting, communications, fundraising), in-kind contributions (e.g., office equipment, books, frequent flyer miles), and financial support of any size or amount.
If you would like to help out, please contact us.
Of course, donations are always welcome. Every bit counts.
Amandla Development is a US 501(c)(3) nonprofit and a South African PBO, and all donations are fully tax deductible in both countries.